Funeral – Korean War US Army SGT Richard E. Crotty
Saturday, 29 April 2023 Funeral Procession
0700 – 0730 Assemble at 105 Cherokee Road, Algonquin, IL to flag up (Keep flags cased)
0730 –0740 Safety briefing
0740 – 1000 Ride 150 miles (Annex 2) to at Mason-White Funeral Home, 20 Valley Forge Road, Washington, IL
1000 – 1030 Stage at Mason-White Funeral Home with Fire and Police Departments, Patriot Guard Riders, American Legion, VFW, etc. Order of march is: Police, Fire, American Flag, Rolling Thunder, Hearse, family, GSA vans w/ honor Guard, Patriot Guard, American Legion, VFW, Vets Roll, all others.
1030 – 1100 Escorted Procession, (Annex 3) to Swan Lake Memory Gardens, 4601 W. War Memorial Drive, Peoria, IL
1100 – 1130 Dismount and form up in formation
1130 – 1200 Graveside services with full military honors. RT presents POW/MIA Flag to NOK on or about 1200
1200 – 1430 Furl flags, bid farewell, depart for home base.
CONCEPT OF OPERATIONS:
- This is an all-weather mission. Rain or shine.
- Dignified Transfer will be on Tuesday, 25 April 23, at American Airlines Cargo Terminal, 612 S. Access Rd, Franklin Park, IL. American Airlines Flight 2412, 1420 hours. Patriot Guard Riders, American Legion Riders, will assist with escorting the remains.
- ISP support is being coordinated by Patriot Guard for the escort from O’Hare, 150 miles, to Peoria, IL on Tuesday, 25 April 23.
- Vets Roll will post American Flags at the funeral home on Friday, 28 April.
- During the 29 April burial, we will present the family with the POW/MIA Flag and Rolling Thunder coin at an appropriate time.
- Local, Police and Fire will lead the hearse to Swan Lake Memory Gardens on 29 Apr.
- Protocol dictates that the hearse is led by the American Flag. It is appropriate that the American Flag is followed by the POW/MIA Flag, six United States Military service flags then the remaining POW/MIA Flags.
- A press release has been sent to TV, radio, print media, Chamber of Commerce and local politicians.
- Parking at Swan Lake Memory Gardens will depend on number of vehicles in the procession. We will park in the cemetery away from the grave site.
- At the cemetery, we will form an inconspicuous line to attend the graveside service.
- Honors will be rendered, on command, when the urn passes by, at the rifle salute and at playing of Taps. Headgear remains on unless otherwise directed.
- Uniform is black shirt or RT Honor Guard uniform. Black pants or jeans, Rolling Thunder Vest. Headgear is Rolling Thunder hat.
- Bring an IPass for our route to or from Peoria.
- Cell phones OFF the during the graveside services!
Ted Makarewicz, President, Rolling Thunder, IL-2, (847) 456-0717
Wayne Kirkpatrick, Board Chairman, Rolling Thunder, IL-2 (847) 915-8428
Tim Whiteside, Funeral Director, Mason-White Funeral Home (309) 688-5000
Mike Crotty (Nephew), Next of Kin
CPT James T. Wadkins, CAO, 563-726-2306
Mike Eagan, Patriot Guard 309 253-4673
Shawn Sollberger, Chief, Peoria Fire Dept
Bill Davies, American Legion Post 2, (309) 370-0491
Police Chief Peoria Police Dept,
Mark Kozma, American Airlines, (630) 779-4129
Flag Assignments for 29 April 23: